Dean F. Telthorst, DDS, FAGD
In practice for over 30 years and armed with training from the prestigious Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, Dr Telthorst strongly believes in taking the time to understand his patients desires and individual situations.
“A dental exam starts with conversation, not with teeth,” he says. “It’s important that I have some understanding of the person that is before me. Only then can I recommend practical and appropriate dental treatment.”
Dr. Telthorst is meticulous and thorough in his work, which includes porcelain crowns, veneers, bonded white fillings, oral surgery, and the treatment of periodontal disease. “Patients hear these dental terms,” he observes, “but frequently don’t understand what it means for them today and the implications for their future.” Dr. Telthorst believes that part of his job is to educate patients about their dental treatment so they can make informed choices.
- Earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Missouri in 1983.
- Became a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry in 1998
- Attended the Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Studies 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006
- Member of the American Dental Association, Missouri Dental Association, Greater St. Louis Dental Society
- Is a delegate to the Missouri Dental Association’s annual House of Delegates meeting
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Greater St. Louis Dental Society 2006 – 2008
- He became a fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International in 2012.
- Served two terms on the Board of Directors for the Greater St Louis Dental Society
- Is currently the President-Elect for the Greater St Louis Dental Society
- Received the Greater St Louis Dental Society Distinguished Service Award in 2015
Favorite restaurant: Rigazzi’s
Hobbies: motorcycling, photography
What I love about my job: Getting to know my patients and showing them how easy it is to stay healthy
Favorite restaurant: Massa’s
Hobbies: shopping, boating on the lake and spending time with my hubby
What I love about my job: Educating patients on how to have great oral hygiene and working with a fun staff